As long as I’m summarizing other people’s articles so you don’t have to this morning, let’s tackle Atlanta’s 11Alive TV station’s piece on “five things we learned about the Braves‘ new stadium” during an “exclusive” visit with team officials. The five things:
- Braves officials are touring lots of other stadiums to see what they want!
- The Yankees have won lots of World Series and the Braves haven’t, but the Braves are going to “celebrate” whatever history they have!
- Populous stadium architect Earl Santee says the new Braves field will have “intimacy” unlike the Yankees’ new stadium! Which was designed by Earl Santee!
- Santee says the stadium will “embrace more of the Southeast region architecture-wise” so “if we have folks coming from Charleston, they feel like they belong”! (I suggest a giant Waffle House!)
- The new stadium will be ready for 2017, unless it isn’t, in which case the Braves will have to renew their lease on Turner Field, but they won’t do that, because it will be ready! Really!
Number of people quoted in the piece: 3. Number of people quoted who are working for the Braves: 3. 11Alive’s motto, printed proudly at the top of its site: “Holding the Powerful Accountable.”