Renderings! The Atlanta Braves have ’em, showing what the new pretend urban neighborhood around their new Cobb County stadium will look like when complete! Look, here’s one now:
- There will be a mix of modern buildings and retroish buildings, because that’s what people want in their fake urban neighborhoods.
- The surrounding development will include some small parking lots, with nobody much parking in them, despite a game going on at the time.
- Some cars are clearly visible on the roads while others are just a blur of head- and taillights, presumably because the architects are those aliens who slipped something in Kirk’s coffee to accelerate him to multiple times normal human speed.
- The near future will include a really awful Jack & Jones ad campaign.
- Enough lens flare to kill J.J. Abrams.
Really, though, none of this matters, because these are just sketches meant as a sales pitch for businesses to locate in the project (or as the Atlanta Journal Constitution paraphrased Braves VP Derek Schiller’s explanation, “the concept of project’s look, not the final design”). The eventual development could look like this, or it could look like something else, or it could never get built. It’s important to remember that you’re looking at an ad here, even if it’s a slightly more attractive one than that fake Jack & Jones thing.