- A USPS facility in West Oakland.
- Howard Terminal on the Oakland waterfront.
- Brooklyn Basin on the Oakland watefront.
- The current site of Laney College’s stadium and playing fields.
- A site currently occupied by Peralta College administration offices and an adjacent lumberyard.
None of these sites are without their problems — in fact, most of them have been at least considered before — but it does indicate that city officials are trying to find a possible baseball stadium site in case the existing Oakland Coliseum site ends up getting used for a Raiders football stadium (or, possibly, for some non-sports development). It’s not a bad thing as due diligence goes, though as usual the most important hurdle isn’t figuring out where to put a stadium, but figuring out how to pay for one.